Root canal treatment is the removal of the tooth’s pulp, a small thread like tissue in the centre of the tooth.
It is advised by Dental Surgeons when the tooth is totally decayed or infected. Years ago teeth with diseased or injured pulps were extracted. With the advent of root canal treatment, most teeth can now be saved.
Indications for Root Canal Treatment:
- Cracked tooth
- Deep cavity
- Injury to a tooth
Steps in a Root Canal Treatment:
- Diagnosis by clinical examination and x-ray
- Opening the root canal under local anesthesia
- Diseased pulp is removed, canals are cleaned and shaped.
- Canals are then filled permanently with a tapered rubbery material called guttapercha and sealed.
- Placing a crown on the tooth to prevent fracture.
At Dental Spa, we have highly experienced Endodontists (Root canal specialists) who can perform the procedure in a single sitting.
We have the latest technology like Advanced Digital X-rays, RVG, Apex Locators and Rotary system for this treatment providing our patients with best quality at an affordable cost.